Lymph is the fluid that circulates throughout the connective tissue. It not only nourishes and detoxifies the tissue, but is also a part of the body’s immune system.
The lymphatic vessels are drained with pumping, circulating, rhythmic, painless, delicate strokes. Patients find this therapy very soothing and relaxing.
- Lymphatic drainage is recommended wherever stasis occurs such as in oedema, heavy and tired legs and arms, tissue defects such as cellulite and a general build-up of toxins causing rheumatism, gout, arthrosis etc.
- This massage is used successfully for obesity, digestive problems and various skin conditions such as acne, eczema etc.
- Lymphatic drainage allows for quicker healing and recovery after operations and accidents.
- Particularly recommended as aftercare after mastectomies.
- The lymphatic drainage is popular for its harmonising effect on migraines, stress, vegetative dystonia and other nervous disorders.
- This form of massage is extremely soothing, relieving pain and cramps.
- Lymphatic drainage improves the health of people with a weak immune system.
- Lately lymphatic drainage has been used more and more in sports medicine as aftercare after injuries such as bruises, pulled muscles and sprains as well as complicated operations.